Leif Technologies, Inc.
Last Update : September 4, 2019
What Information Do We Collect and Why?
Leif collects information based on your consent to the processing of the information for one or more specific purposes and as necessary to perform a contract or contracts, administer an ISA or ISAs, or comply with our legal obligations.
The types of personal information that we collect about you may include, among other things:
- Personal information, such as your name, social security or other government identification number, date of birth, physical location, login credentials, and any transactions that you initiate using the platform;
- Contact information, such as your email address, telephone number, residential, business, and postal addresses;
- Any other information that you provide directly to us.
We may receive personal information about you from third parties, such as the school or training program that you attend, if any. Subject to applicable law, we may also receive information from credit reporting agencies about your credit and employment/ income history or from your employer or tax authorities concerning your income.
Leif is the data controller with respect to the personal information described above.
We collect your personal information: (a) to verify your identity as part of our procedures for the prevention and detection of fraud; (b) to administer an ISA or ISAs; (c) to communicate with you: (d) to provide our products or services to you; (e) to provide you with information that may interest you; (f) to improve the usability of our website and the platform; (g) to tailor content of our products or services; (h) for internal business purposes; (i) or for any reason that you provided the personal information to us.
Personal Financial Data
The types of non-personal information that we collect may include:
- Site usage, such as traffic, location, and communication data, pages accessed, frequency and duration of access, and browsing history;
- Computer type, hardware model, the device’s unique identifier, operating system, internet connection, IP address, and browser.
Statistical or aggregated non-personal information does not directly identify you or any specific person. However, we may obtain such information from your personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the number of users residing in a particular postal code.
Leif collects non-personal information to improve the usability of our website and the platform and for other business purposes.
How Do We Collect Information?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer or other device for record-keeping purposes.
We use persistent cookies that remain on your computer’s hard drive to store login information for the platform or to enable us to track and target the interests of our users. You can remove persistent cookies by following the directions provided by your browser. If you reject persistent cookies, you can access our website or the platform, but your ability to use some of the features may be limited. In addition, we may use other tracking technologies to identify you, store your preferences, prevent fraud, improve site or platform security, or assess the performance of our website or platform.
Do We Share Information?
We may disclose aggregated or other information about our users that does not contain identifying information to third parties, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties who support our business and are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of the personal data and to use it solely for the purpose for which it was disclosed;
- to administer an ISA or ISAs;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or have not opted out of such disclosures;
- with your consent;
- to comply with our obligations or enforce our legal rights;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by us about our users is among the assets transferred;
- as required by law;
- if we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, or others; or
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information to us.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, including misuse, interference, and loss. Leif and its third party providers secure such information in accordance with industry standards.
We cannot guaranty the security of online transactions and communications sent electronically, as no electronic transmission or storage can be 100% secure. Our users provide information to us at their own risk.
We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party, including our users, payment processors and any third parties to whom we disclose personal information. The collection, use, storage, and disclosure of your personal information by such third parties is subject to their own privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorized access to personal information, please let us know immediately by contacting us using the contact information provided at the bottom of this page.
Leif strives to ensure that any personal information that we collect, use, disclose, or store is accurate and complete. Our users are responsible for providing us with accurate, up-to-date information. Leif is not responsible for any information provided to us that is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated.
You have the right to request access to, correction of, deletion of, or an explanation concerning our use or disclosure of your personal information. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided at the end of this page.
Retention of Personal Information
Leif will retain your personal information for a reasonable amount of time, as allowed by law. Thereafter, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently anonymize such information in accordance with applicable law.
California Privacy Rights
In addition to your rights under this policy, California residents who provide personal information, as defined by California’s Shine the Light Law, are entitled to obtain from us, once each calendar year, information about any personal information that we shared in the prior year with other businesses for marketing purposes. If applicable, the information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of the businesses with whom we shared such information. To request the information, please contact us at email@example.com .
Canada Anti-Spam Law
We comply with the Canada Anti-Spam Law. Individuals who provide us with a Canadian mailing address will not receive unauthorized Commercial Electronic Messages (as defined by the Canada Anti-Spam Law), unless the individual has opted in to receive such messages.
We have not designed our website and the platform for use by children under age 13. Leif does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
In you have questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please contact us:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- By telephone at 646-760-3318; or
- By mail at 416 W. 13th Street, Suite 206, New York, NY 10014.
Last Update : September 4, 2019